Sunday, August 21, 2011

Returning Home

It's been  a dozen days since I last posted on my blog.  And it feels like the anticipated twelve days of Christmas as I reflect on our trip and mentally unwrap each of the days spent with family and friends.

There were days spent with family in the car traveling across Kansas and Colorado.
Look in the back seat.  It's Sunshine.  She went with us to Wyoming.
Sunflowers in Kansas
Cornfields in Colorado

                

   There were days (and nights) 
spent with active, excited children...
 
and adults too tired to parent, but doing it anyway.  


 There were days where we were reunited with old friends and acquired new.


There were days filled with new adventure...


and days where familiar pattens brought needed comfort. 


And the final days of driving under the shelter of lofty, billowy clouds looking forward to the embrace of those who would greet us when we returned to Oklahoma.


Thanks to my readers who checked out my blog after such a long absence.  I have about 200 more pictures and 300 more joys to share with you of the days I was gone.  While in Wyoming I helped my daughter settle in to their new home and I would love to take you on a tour. 

I hope you have an opportunity to reunite with old friends as much as I hope you make new ones.  I hope you allow the clouds of God's love to shelter you if you find yourself away from home.  I hope a warm welcoming embrace enfolds you upon your return.  And I hope life gives you joy-filled stories to unwrap daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment