Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

I haven't seriously practiced making resolutions on January first for many, many years.  

However, this year I am resolving to eat more pie.  I love pie, but have only allowed myself the pleasure on holidays or special occasions.  Now that I am fifty something, I am understanding that pie is not my enemy.  In fact pie is good.  Pie is very, very good and I intend to eat it whenever I want.


But just in case you are considering some new year's resolutions of your own, I am including a few suggestions from Wayne Dyers Book, The Power of Intention.

The best thing to give
   your enemy is forgiveness;
   to an opponent, tolerance;
   to a friend, your heart
   to your child, a good example;
   to your father; deference;
   to your mother; conduct that will make her proud of you;
   to yourself; respect
   to all mankind; charity;

I want to thank you for taking time to visit our blog in 2011.  As we move into a new year we hope you continue to drop in for the latest diy project, easy dinner dish or to catch up on family antics.  You can expect more pictures from Yaya and news of the adoption process from Cindy and southern hospitality from Tara.  

We send you all heartfelt prayers that whatever may have been a burden in 2011 be transformed into blessing in 2012.  We pray for peace in all countries, in our cities, our homes and every human heart. 

45. I am grateful for family, friends and a new day.
Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment