Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bottles of Thanks

If you have been following my blog, you know about my obsession with changing things up in our home.  I attended Changers Anonymous for a while but was asked to leave when I kept rearranging the chairs into a new formation every week.  I took a cocktail of different holistic supplements to help maintain constancy, but kind of forgot which one was which when I placed them in different glass canisters, so they would look more attractive sitting on my bathroom vanity.  I went to a therapist, specializing in change disorders, but got bored going to the same building, the same time of day on the same day every week.  

So I have decided to embrace who I am and celebrate my crazy desire for change.  

I have tempered things a bit though, by choosing to change the arrangement on the mantel or a picture on the wall or a display in the bookshelf, rather than painting an entire room, sewing new drapes and repurposing the coffee table into a bench.

I was wondering what I could do with He-man's beer bottles besides hauling them to the recycling center (which I will continue to do, however).  Then something I saw on Pinterest gave me an idea of how  Mr. Bud could take part in our Thanksgiving festivities in a new way.

 Away went the pumpkins  and harvest basket to make way for.....
amber bottles filled with wheat and a Autumn inspired wreath.

I soaked the beer bottles in warm, soapy water to soften their labels for easier removal.  The water also cleared away that familiar scent that Mr. Bud has made famous.
I cut small squares from odds and ends of scrape booking paper and painted a letter on each.  After the first coat of turquoise paint dried, I dry-brushed white paint over the top of each letter.  After that dried, I wiped them with a cloth dipped in walnut stain, rubbing it off to leave only a weathered, antique look.

Don't you think it's a perfect container for wheat?  You know, the hopps - beer connection?  Thanks for indulging my obsession.  Wish you were coming for Thanksgiving dinner.


15. I am grateful for the changing color of mother earth's landscape.

I hope you are able to embrace the changes of this day.  I hope you can laugh at your own silliness and give yourself a thumb's up for being you.  I hope you like the you that you are.
Yaya

2 comments:

  1. HOW NEAT IS THAT IDEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to copy this... LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete