Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Soft Whisper


This week my husband worked his first shift as a Lieutenant. He absolutely loved every second.  

While he was working I was loving my every second, literally. While Sunshine and Dreamer were at school, Tornado (my Curious One), Boo and I spent some quality time together. It was needed too.

Lately I have said yes to a lot of things. For example PTA, BEING THE HOMEROOM PARENT, ETC. Why do I do that?  Because I'm mom; I want to help everywhere.

But I have been hearing this whisper......”What are you doing?  You can't do it all.  Focus on what your heart desires. What is really important to you?”

UGH.....I need to say no.  I’m not good at saying no.

I realized while playing with Boo that one day I WILL MISS THIS...............okay, now I’m crying.



My heart desires this 15 pound sweet smelling little girl.
My heart desires understanding 5th grade math and talking about orb spiders.

My heart desires changing stinky diapers.

My heart desires looking for that next great recipe.

My heart desires washing my husbands fire clothes.

I learned a lesson. I learned to be quick to listen and slower to speak. And to do today what my heart truly desires because tomorrow I will miss it. 
Do any of you ever hear a whisper?
 Pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment