Friday, June 24, 2011

Today We Celebrate Lois

He-man's mother passed through the veil on Tuesday.  Her family, friends and community will gather this morning to celebrate her life and give glory to life renewed. 





Her husband of 71 years is sad and told us he will miss his life-long friend.  They were quite a couple, producing six children each with their own style of gumption and humor. 


Years upon years of challenges and grace transformed raising family and keeping the wolf from the door to long glances out a window, piles of books beside the easy chair and countless silent looks that held volumes of understanding.   










When I first met Lois and her hubby they seldom demonstrated affection.... but in their later years I was gifted to witness many tender moments. The simpliest gesture of a guiding hand gently placed on the small of her back or two hands clasped as one would soften my heart.






My mother-in-law accepted me as her own from the time I married into the family.  She taught me how to make cinnamon rolls, barbecued ribs - the BEST barbecued ribs - and fresh tomato soup.  She held my children tight against her chest as she wickedly rocked them into slumber.  She told me stories of her son, whom I married, and of her years trampling through the timber with her own lumber jack husband. We became much more than friends and I am forever grateful for her presence in my life.  


I have been with he-man's family since Wednesday and will remain in Wyoming until Sunday.  I hope to post something, but if it takes my attention away from what is most important now, it probably won't happen. 

Please enjoy this day and the days to come.  Express your appreciation of family or friendship or the glory of life in whatever way you say it. 

May peace be always yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment