Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Tasha Today only Swirling, Twirling Life

Wow! Life has been swirling at a whirlwind pace. 


My son and his wife have been learning how to integrate the newest child into their family schedule.  Funny thing is Little Miss Boo has pretty much rearranged any preexisting schedule with her own.   

 

She is lovely and demands little attention… but babies have to eat every few hours, change their attire several times a day and be burped, cuddled, rocked and rolled in between.  Their routine continues through the dark hours of the night and into the first light of each day. 






 



Tornado has been a bit confused by the interruption and would like to have his mom back as she was before going to the hospital.  

Thank goodness for dad, who is off work for another week and big sister, Sunshine, who has taken the position of live in nanny.









In the midst of Little Miss Boo’s entrance I ran off one Saturday to officiate at a wedding in Tulsa.  I enjoy offering this service to the cute and not-so-cute couples I have met.  The couple I married on Saturday was adorable.  One of those high school sweet heart stories.  They were married in a 1920’s mansion in Tulsa.  The bride dressed the part in her 30’s Hollywood glam gown and hair.   


She walked down the stairs looking like a dark-haired Lauren Bacall.  The groom looked nothing like Bogart but was one of the nicest men I have ever worked with.  It was pure fun and celebration!




A few days after the wedding He-man and I took off for Wyoming to attend his mother’s funeral and spend some time with his father and brothers and sisters.  While it was the best ever being with family, any time we spend away from home costs us time when we return.  Much the same as after taking time off work and returning to a desk of overflowing projects and unanswered messages.  



 


Soon after parking our car in the drive and unloading the luggage the lawn mower was humming, the washing machine purring, bird feeders were being filled and plants were drinking with gusto.   





 




A fast trip to the grocery store to restock the fridge and I was ready to call it a day. 




 


After driving – or I should say sitting (he-man did all the driving) – for eight hours I was stiff and sore and ready for a long warm soak in the tub.  And of course, there is nothing like falling into your own bed. 









 



And off we go again on Friday.  

This time to Fort Worth so I can officiate at another wedding.  I already know the couple and believe you me they are super cute.   

The mother of the bride is easier than most and the mother of the groom is phenomenal.  The wedding of my nephew and soon to be niece will be a grand time for the family and I am pleased beyond pleasure to participate in their special day.





Welcomed birth, unwanted death, wonderful weddings, steady recuperation, gathered grief, shared joys, needed maintenance and warranted rest have all been  churning in the whirlwind of late.  Sorry there have been few postings but I have not figured out how to post every day and still give attention to the winds that call my name.



As I continue blogging, maybe I will figure it out.  Feel free to help by giving me your input or suggestions. Like, "keep it short"…  or "add more photos"…  or "more of _____ and less of _____."

Thanks for visiting.  

I hope your life is moving with a gentle force that brings you together with the ones you love, be it birth, death, healing or integration.  May your energy hold out and love hold you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment