Friday, November 4, 2011

No Time

Today I have quest post from someone special to me.  She is a dedicated mother to three adorable children, wife to a hard-working business owner, and delightful daughter to me.  Like Pleasure, she will be contributing to this blog on a regular basis.  A new blog title and format is on the horizon.  Do not fear however, I heard my readers when they responded with what they did not want to change.  I encourage you to be open and excited about what is to come.  I know that I am looking forward to what we three gals (and maybe TD will join us too) cook up for our readers.  I can't promise you that you won't get indigestion from our writings... but I am hoping you will feel fed.

*********************************************************************
Too often I am a product of the fast paced world I live in.  I get caught up in the tasks of caring for my family, answering emails, and checking things off my endless list.

On a good day I break free from this fast track. I indulge in an opportunity to slow down and be in the moment.  This morning was one of those times.
My youngest little boy woke up defeated. He didn't want to eat his favorite cereal, he didn't want to get dressed, and he really didn't want to go to school.

I was on the fast track because not only did we need to make it to school on time, but we needed to be early... ugh.  After endless lecturing and some threatening from me he pleaded,  "I'm just a little boy mom, why do I have to go to school ?"

Then it clicked for me.  He is just a little boy.  And he will be hurried all his life in this crazy world - hurried out of bed, hurried through traffic, hurried to a meeting, hurried home , hurried, hurried, hurried.  So I stopped and I hugged him, and hugged him, and hugged him some more.

Crazy thing is he was restored faster than my pushing and pleading had ever accomplished, and I felt better too.  I needed my little one's hug just as much as he did.  My kids teach me new things everyday.

Today I learned that hugs are best when you don't have time for them.

Middle One

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the changes that have been made. I LOVE the fact that I can read your blog and feel like we are as close as we were as kids. Grease in the basement in Torrington, endless nights of hide and seek, and bike rides to 7-11.

    It's fun to see your kids growing and the beautiful person that you have become!

    Did I mention how fun it is to get to know Pleasure too!! :)

    Miss you everyday
    Love ya!
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KJ... you are always so encouraging :) You are right, it is good to be connected...we need eachother! Hope you and your little man are well- Cindy

    ReplyDelete