Monday, December 12, 2011

Crafty Wishes

I get charged creating, crafting and designing.  I don't do it any where near as often as I did when I was a stay-at-home mom, looking for a creative outlet from the daily demands of parenting.  Somehow transforming dirty clothes into clean ones via the laundry room did not constitute creative crafting.

For years I decorated our house from top to bottom for Christmas.  As the children grew older and I grew more tired I let go of all the Christmas tinsel.... not even putting up a tree for a few years.  But as grand children trickled into our lives I have begun to decorate again.  I don't go all out as in years past, but I decorate a little bit around the house or craft a holiday centerpiece.

I found an easy (well, that would be easy for anyone who has a He-man living in their home) tree pattern at shannonmakesstuff blog site that I thought I would try.  What do you think?  Cute, Huh? Thanks to Shannon for sharing her talent.
You need scrap two by fours, cut in varying lengths.  You can make them any size you desire to fit your mantel or table or shelf or where ever you might want to display your tree.  If you can't cut them yourself, your local lumber yard will be happy to cut them for you.

Paint each board in a color you like.  I choice green, because I had it in my pile of craft paints.  But if you are a color-lover you could even paint each board differently.  If I don't have a color I want, I simply mix colors until I get one I like.
After the boards have dried, lightly sand the edges to give it a warn, used, been-around-for-awhile look.  Instead of painting the song (or any words of your choosing) on each board, I used chalk so that I could easily change the message when I wanted.  And you know how I like change.  Yum, it's my favorite!
Not only do I get inspired from other crafty bloggers, I also browse Pinterest.  It is like a huge on-line magazine, only without any advertisements.  I have found pictures and links to web pages that show me how to craft a project or make my own face cream, or a interesting read, or a recipe to try.  You name it... pinterest has it.

Below are a few crafts I want to do for Christmas. Sometimes my appetite is bigger than my energy though. I dream a lot more than I actually implement.  That's okay.  A little dreaming is good for my soul and if I accomplish one project out of all those that inspire me, I will consider it a victory.
Use old buttons and circle cut outs from wrapping and craft paper to form a colorful tree. Spray paint an old frame, mount the button tree. Display on a table easel.  You could type a message or song lyrics on it as well. from Better Homes and Gardens
I thought this would be fun to put on the front stoop (porch) and so easy to make too.  Kids could help decorate. This pin if from livedin.blogspot.com
Tag board letters mounted on sheet music and placed in common frames.  Simple, yet elegant. from Better Homes and Gardens
Another craft using buttons.  This one might take a bit more artistic ability.  But I am willing to try it, using paint pens and setting my pattern in pencil before I begin.  from Better Homes and Gardens
I recently began knitting again, so I think I could do this.  All it requires is knitting a few triangles and small rectangles, then hand sewing them to a pillow.  Wah Lah!  A designer pillow my Yaya. from Better Homes and Gardens


32.  I am grateful for time.


I hope your Monday is one that develops creatively throughout the day.  I hope something someone else does inspires you.  I hope you claim victory and experience joy for being you.
Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment