Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Great Chili Run


He-man and I are hosting a Super Bowl Party next Sunday and it's tradition to serve chili.  I've been cooking chili every night for a week now, looking for the one I want to become our Super Bowl favorite.

I'm not a gal of firm tradition.  Remember me?  I'm the one who likes to mix things up, change stuff around and remake what is already made.  I think of myself as the female version of Tim the Tool Man (for those of you old enough to remember the television show, Home Improvement).  I like to keep the traditional.... just tweak it a bit here and there.

I tasted Paula Deen's white chili recipe last week and it was AMAZING.  Truly the best white chili I have ever eaten.  Being too cheap to buy her cookbook, I surfed the net for two days looking for Paula's recipe.  No luck.  So I came up with my own.










58.  I am grateful for those who inspire and lead the way

I hope your Saturday is a fun one.  I hope your taste buds are delighted and your imagination ignited.  I hope you love what you try to do and love that you try doing it.
 Yaya

2 comments:

  1. Tara/family chick1/28/12, 8:14 AM

    Love the fit and active chicken broth!!!! YAY ALDI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're hosting a party too, and can't wait to try this, white chic chili is one of my faves!
    Glad to see you watching the salt!!
    Who are you rooting for in the big game?

    ReplyDelete