Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting comfortable...

We started our day super early with official business at the US Consulate. We took an oath and handed in the last of our adoption paperwork. We will be getting Ani's Visa to tomorrow... Yay!

We have had Ani for 9 days and we are getting to know each other more and more each day...

When we first met Ani was fine with Brad or I holding her, but since we have left Hohhot she is favoring me and will have a crying fit if Brad has to take her. This could be due to the fact we have been on planes, and trains, and countless taxi's. Im sure Ani doesn't know what to expect with each new experience.

Whatever it is it's okay... Brad understands and is willing to take things slow. The hard thing is that we have been walking everywhere and have to carry Ani. After an hour or so of carrying this sweet 24 pound bundle my back has been killing me. We tried a stroller but she freaked...

So, selfishly I have been praying that Ani would be comfortable with her dad (for my backs sake & because Brad is such a great dad... she is missing out).

Well, today Ani and Brad had some special bonding time. First, she let him take her to get coffee while I stayed behind... Big deal.

She also let him carry her while we shopped a little bit.... Big deal.

Than, they played just the two of them for a good hour in our hotel room...

 
And she let him hold her as she fell asleep tonight.... Very big deal!
I wish there was a way to know what she was thinking... It would be so helpful...

 

Here are a few more pictures of the girls swimming today...

Ani now loves the water! So fun to see her truly enjoy new things :)
 
Today is my sisters birthday! So from China to Wyoming ....
 

Happy Birthday Aunt Trish!!!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I am sure your back is not used to its new routine, even as fit as you are. I am overjoyed that Ani let Brad spend time with her. He is so gentle and patient. Soon Ani will be seeking him out, especially when she needs to relax and wind down. I am so so so anxious to have you all back home in Oklahoma. Love you.

    ReplyDelete