Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where oh Where Has Yaya Gone?

Who is this person called Yaya?  She used to be the responsible, level headed, organized, save-for-a-rainy-day, everything must be perfect fanatic. 

Now she does impulsive things ------- like buy herself a pricey new camera lens.  

Oh my goodness!  What ever is to become of her?

I'm thinking she will continue to indulge herself from time to time.  Maybe even buy a third lens someday.  Who knows? Any thing's possible when guilt gets thrown aside.

**************

Now I didn't make the decision to purchase a super-duper zoom lens without first considering all my options.  

Option number One:
A baby growing at the speed of light with rounded cheeks and an even rounder middle.

Option Number Two
Soft long curls on a hard-rolling boy who one day may shave his head clean and stand taller than me.

Option Number Three:
A brown-eyed boy who is forever contemplating his next adventure, whether it be a buzz hair cut or a day spent on the road with grandpa.

Option Number Four:
A bundle of red curls, silly jokes, and happy smiles whose hugs are as sweet as his middle-child nature.

Option Number Five:
The first-born becoming an older, wiser sibling who continues to teach us how to live softly on this planet.
Option Number Six:
A smart and funny lad with dreams of becoming the new Michael Jordan and whose feet grow faster than his hair cut changes.

Option Number Seven:
A not so long ago little girl now turning toward adolescence and talking more and more of the things of teens.

Options Eight, Nine and Ten
Moments too far apart to capture every day in film, but capture them I must whenever we are together.

Option Number Eleven:
The anticipation of a grand daughter from China and all that should be documented at the receiving and rearing of such a gift.

Considering all my options it's quite possible that He-man and I could be attending...
  •     76 Christmas programs
  •     22+ Graduations
  •     350+ Sporting events
  •     30 Dance recitals
  •     25+ Baptisms
  •     20+ Weddings
  •     10 Talent Shows
  •     45 Gymnastic Meets
  •     Countless Awards Ceremonies

According to my calculations a zoom lens is anything but a splurge.  It is an outright necessity!

61. I am grateful for the many avenues we have to share in each others lives

I hope your Thursday is preparing you for the weekend ahead.  I hope that you can do something for yourself without suffering any quilt.  I hope your options for joy are abundant.
Yaya

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely a necessity!!! Love the post & Love that you are ready to capture lots of special moments to come!!! Thanks Yaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Glad you agree that my splurge was a necessity. Now if I can just figure out how to use it???

      Delete