Monday, June 11, 2012

What About My Sister?

J.D and I have been trying to spend individual time with the kids. The last week of school we decided it was time for B to have a special day.  It was hard agreeing on who was going to deliver his surprise. I told JD that I would do it and JD said, "No problem.  I can handle it." 

We were like two kids, "I want to take him."  "No,no, let me take B."

J.D. won, deciding it would be a boys day out.

So he picked B up a little early from school with a huge surprise in mind....lunch anywhere of B's choosing, followed by AVENGER MOVIE IN 3-D.



B was so excited that he called me immediately after JD picked him up.  But one thing wasn't quite right ... one thing he couldn't get out of his little head. 


"Well, what about my sister??" B kept asking J.D. over and over. 


They went to Red Lobster for a yummy lunch.  B was nervous that his sister was missing out and that she might feel bad not to be included. 

They went to the movie and once again B mentioned that his sister was not there. 

They came home with a thousand things to share. B was on cloud nine, but I could tell he was nervous about telling his sister about his special day. 

Later, I asked him why he kept bringing up his older sister. He said, looking at me with his big brown eyes, "Because she's my sister and I love her very much.  It was fun but it would have been so much better if my sister had been there. 


UGH.  Seriously, my heart hit the floor. 

I hope you have a great day and that you share it with someone you love very much. 
 Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment