Thursday, October 18, 2012

Last's and First's

This is it... today is our last day at home!  
We will be in CHINA tomorrow...  almost unbelievable to me...

We have been counting down to this day for weeks... and it almost doesn't seem real.


The kids are giddy!
I LOVE it... they get excited about every step (big or little) we take closer to bringing our sweet girl home.  It's super fun...

One unexpected monumental moment was putting Ani's carseat in our van.
Brad installed it without announcing it to the kids or I (just like my calm and collected Brad).
The reality this simple necessity caused caught us all off guard.
I saw it first and announced it to the kids.  They responded by racing to the van just to catch a glimps.
It's nothing fancy... a simple black and gray car seat...
but it represents our Ani...
Our Ani will be in that seat soon!

We have a friend (Gloria) who has been visiting Ani each week.
She loves our girl and we love her!
Well, today Gloria emailed me that she was a mix of sad and happy during her visit.
She was sad that this will be her last visit with Ani... she would miss Ani's hugs.



But she is happy this is her last visit because Ani will have a forever family... forever and ever!


So this is the last Thursday our Ani will spend in a orphanage...
her last Thursday without brothers and sisters...
her last Thursday without kisses from her mom and dad...
And our last Thursday without our girl...

Can't wait to share all the FIRSTS!!!

CINDY

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, such a lovely first post as you head toward the East. I look forward to what all you will share with us on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy a few of the first grade kiddos asked me if you had Ani yet. I hope that your first day with her has been peaceful!

    ReplyDelete