Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We Live On

Picture viewing is a traditional activity whenever He-man and his family get together.  They flip through pages of albums, boxes of prints and envelopes of stored memories.  And they are notorious for playing the "who looks like who" game. 

It was not only natural that they should go through pictures during the time of their mothers funeral -- it was anticipated and enjoyed by all.  At least one family member could be found digging through the several boxes of pictures stacked in M's living room at any given time throughout the weekend.

I certainly enjoyed the time I spent strolling down memory lane and I was surprised to find myself announcing my own "who looks like who" picks.























On the left is a picture I took of a picture of He-man when he was a little tike.  Don't you think he is adorable?    But not any more adorable than the picture on the right, who is grandson number five.  Now you know why I have named him Clone.



















The picture on the left is He-man's sister, M.  She was pretty darn cute too.  And it obviously lives on in her youngest grand daughter shown in the picture on the right.

Pictures keep us connected in ways we might not expect.  I know that when He-man's mom lined up all the grand kids for her photo shoots heavy sighs were shared amongst them.  The kids would begrudgingly get into formation of tallest to shortest and wait and wait and wait while Grandma got just the right shot.  It was agony.

But now they are happy, happy, happy to spend time standing in line to look at the same pictures that once caused them such pain.







Hope Clone likes looking at the endless pictures I take of him and He-man.  They are just too good to pass up and I am banking that someday he will be happy, happy, happy to hold the moments they shared in his grown-up hands as well as his heart.






Have a happy, happy, happy day.  I hope you connect to someone today who makes you feel like the adorable creation that you are.



















No comments:

Post a Comment