Friday, July 29, 2011

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

I am developing a new obsession.  Oh great!  One more thing for me to try to perfect.  I must confess it.  I am addicted to taking pictures.  I do not leave the house without my camera.  I have forgotten my cell phone and sometimes my driver's licence but not my camera.  One never knows what beauty or rarity that one might see and need to capture on film.  Well, at least try to capture.

I have taken pictures of pictures


And pictures of sisters

  I like Middles One's pictures of spray


and my pictures of play

I have taken pictures of  words


and pictures of birds


Pictures of smiles
 and pictures of piles
I've taken pictures of news
and pictures of shoes



 There have been pictures of dresses

and pictures of messes

pictures of stairs

and pictures of chairs

 pictures of makin'

and pictures of bakin'

pictures of flowers 


and pictures of showers

pictures of backs

 and pictures of fronts
more pictures of backs


 
and more pictures of fronts


I've taken pictures of schools
 and pictures of rules

pictures of fathers and daughters
 and pictures of great grandfathers and great grand daughters
pictures of trees

and pictures of leaves

pictures of beds
and pictures of heads

and I'm getting dizzy from all that I've said


Thanks for indulging my obsession.  I have registered to take a photo workshop from Middle One's friend who is an outstanding photographer.  I am very excited.  So rest your eyes for my next big photo shoot.  It's a comin'!!!

I hope there is something of beauty or rarity that crosses your path today.  I hope you have something in your life that captures your heart... something that becomes a lovely obsession or passion.  I hope you know love.

3 comments:

  1. I love pictures. Thanks. Putting puzzles together is another form of pictures. It is so good to see each other when we are not together. Keep going. We are ready. Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...
    I am trying to get better about having my camera with me always,
    but seem to miss so many opportunities to capture the moment.
    It's nice to appreciate every little moment that comes along.
    Love you, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deb. I wish I had a Digital Single Lens Camera but alas, it's my point and shoot that serves me well.

    ReplyDelete