Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Working With Mother Nature

Have I mentioned how amazing my husband is?  Not only does he still call me his bride, he makes the bed every morning and tells me I'm beautiful every day.  But what thrills me the most, is to watch him get an idea and then grow with it.

Cindy's Man cut down a  tree that was dying in their front yard a couple of years ago.  His children liked to climb on it's big, open branches and he was afraid that the more it rotted, the less safe it would become.  So down came the Ponderosa Pine.

Over the years most of the branches have been cut and split for fire wood.  But a few caught He-man's eye before they made their way to the chopping block.  He asked Cindy's Man if he could haul a couple of the larger pieces home.  I assumed they would be added to a stack of other so-called treasures gathering dust in his already crowded garage/workshop.

Now I must eat crow.  Oh how I hate the taste of dark fowl meat!!

He-man took an old dusty stump....
...and a few spindly branches
and he whittled and sanded and ground and polished and whittled some more until they fit together to make a beautiful table for our home.  

I feel as if I have a piece of Mother Nature living in our dining room.  Her work is magnificent.  She and He-man are great partners; she adorning her trees in life and he revealing their everlasting beauty even after death.

It's only fitting that the rings of this table should hold a jar of tulips, tossing their little red heads open to receive the glory of all that The Creator gives.
My grand children still sit within the branches of the Ponderosa Pine.  They run their hands over her lovely smooth top that he-man sanded.   They sit their bottoms on top of her rings that He-man exposed.  They can't pass by without touching her sides that remain in her natural shape when she was planted in Cindy's front yard.

Have I mentioned how amazing my husband is?
60.  I am grateful for thoughts that gather dust in process of transformation.

I hope your Tuesday is even better than your Monday.  I hope that you might gather up a few pieces of that which you considered to be no longer safe and hold it gently for a while.  I hope you allow it to grow anew in your heart until it greets you every day with a magnificent beauty.
Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment