Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lights Gone Bad

I had this great idea to wrap my three grand daughters in white twinkle lights and take a Christmas picture.  Well.......... let's just say some ideas look different in my head than they do in practice.

I took a shot of the tree with no other lights on in the room before I gathered the girls to make sure I had my camera adjusted to the lightening or lack thereof.  I have a hard time manipulating buttons while keeping up with moving children, especially in the dark.
What I thought would be an adorable Christmas photo turned out to be something better suited for a horror film.
So I caved and set my camera on automatic, thinking this would give that adorable picture I had envisioned.  But things went from bad to worse.  You see, I was babysitting the girls at the time and when I viewed my photos I noticed that Muffin was being strangled by the string of lights, Cautious was concerned with catching fire and Sparky was getting ready to increase the tension.
When the older girls managed to unleash Muffin it took her a while to gather her equilibrium.
And when Cautious started yawning, I figured it was time to claim defeat and surrender to a lost cause.
I did persuade them to allow one more picture with their friends who were spending the next six days with them while their parents were in Africa attending a family funeral.
That picture was a print!  I was happy to have one good picture to share with their visitors' family and for the girls to have to remember the short time they had another boy in the house besides dad.

31. I am grateful for love than covers a multitude of sins.

I hope your Saturday allows you to tie up loose ends.  I hope you spend it with someone who loves you enough to indulge you from time to time.  But most of all I hope this day leaves you with a special moment tucked inside for all time.
 Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment