Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mobile Merry

JD has a mobile tire service that he operates from his big red truck.  Drivers who find themselves on the highway or dirt road or gravel parking lot or wherever with a flat tire and no spare or means to change it, give JD a call and he comes rolling.  I even called him once to change my tire.  Only my car was parked in my garage.  It did have a flat tire and I did have a spare but I didn't know how to make any of it work on my behalf.  Son's are a mother's greatest blessing... well other than their daughters that is.





He-man loves to ride along when JD gets a call to help a needy driver.  I just happen to have my camera on my hip the other afternoon when JD rolled up in our driveway to pick up his dad.




He-man always wear the appropriate T-shirt for the occasion.  His every day attire for 30 plus years has been a pocket T-shirt and Levis. It has morphed a bit through the years from a t-shirt to a flannel shirt or Levis to wranglers but the basic ensemble remains the same. 

 
The day of the ride along he wore his Tire Changing shirt.

It makes me very happy that JD likes to have his father with him for an important tire call as well as a fun party with the guys.  JD asked He-man to be his best man when he was married two years ago.  One of JD's dreams is to buy acreage, build a home, raise a garden, chicken and pigs and... a little adobe for mom and dad so JD and He-man can erect a huge shop and play together day after day. 

I think that is one of the best tributes a father can be paid.... a son who enjoys sharing his life with his dad. I am grateful for their relationship and for the ease in which they participate in each other's lives.  Neither expects or demands anything from the other.... instead they respect their differences, honor each other's opinions and laugh often. Wish congress could roll the way my boys do.   Easy and open.




Speaking of rolling... that's just what JD's Mobile Tire Service has got to do.  I must put down my camera and get out of the way or else they will have more than a flat tire to inflate.




I hope there is someone in your life whose company you enjoy.  I hope you feel free to laugh and talk openly.  I hope your day is a good, easy, open ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment