Wednesday, November 7, 2012

HOME :)


We have been home for one week!

Ani is amazing and is adjusting to her new world so quickly...


She absolutely loves all the attention she is getting from her siblings.  It is so fun to watch them together.  I knew Hope, Luke, and Eli would do well with her, but was surprised by how much they truly LOVE her.  From day one they have been head over heels in love with their new little sister. They just can't get enough of her...





They take turns holding her hand and walking around the house...
and have started rotating who gets to sit by her during meals and in the car..
She is little Miss Popular to say the least.  
Brad and I are enjoying this happy sibling relationship knowing it may not last forever...



 


Ani is a very strong,  extremely smart, and amazingly brave girl.  She is full of life and knows how to have fun.
I am constantly wowed by how willing she is to try so many new things.  And how she is able to function during so many drastic changes happening in her life. 




She makes it look so easy...
 







 
One example... 
she screamed and cried all the way home from the airport because she had to be strapped into her care seat...
This was understandable...she had never in her life been in a car seat.   
It was traumatic for us all...
I prepared myself and my other kids for our next outing and the pain that might accompany the car seat requirement for Ani.   
To our surprise she smiled while getting into the car seat, and didn't fuss during the entire drive...  what in the world??? I didn't get it...
But it was like she got it...
She understood that the car seat was temporary and knew that she would get out...
Just amazing to me...

Part of me still can't believe she is here...  After so much waiting... she IS now part of our family.  
All the anticipation, all the wondering, dreaming... 
And the crazy part is that we have only been with her for about 3 weeks but it feels like a lifetime.
She fits perfectly into our crazy mix...
She adds so much joy, and challenges us all...
She is a Wells and It feels so right!

Thanks for all your love and support.  I will try to be better about posting updates...


7 comments:

  1. I love reading it, anxious waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we always think we'll be able to post updates... Not so much! Although I love watching dear Ani become integrated with the family, I can forgive lapses in posting to the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Baotou! Please send me a note at wethegreens@gmail.com so I can send you pictures that I have of our day together. My post-it-note with your email address has magically disappeared.
    SOOO good to see you all at home together and settling in. It was fun to be a small part of your journey in China.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures. The kids have such open hearts for Ani - they're very special. And, of course, Ani is also very special. It is so touching to see everything come together so well. Pretty incredible! We're so glad you persevered through all the paper work!!! :). Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad she is adjusting well! Enjoy all the joy she brings your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see that all is going well. But, really, who wouldn't be thrilled to join your family!?
    Love, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is so beautiful. you all are truly blessed as is she.

    love, aunt deeann

    ReplyDelete