Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pleasure Wrights Again

There are days where its so busy and you do the same o same o things. You say the same things BRUSH YOUR TEETH, DON'T FORGET YOUR GLASSES, DID YOU FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK, WRITE YOUR SPELLING WORDS 3 TIMES EACH, USE YOUR MANNERS, LISTEN AND PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS, DID YOU WASH YOUR HANDS, DID YOU WIPE YOUR BUTT GOOD, DID YOU FEED COPPER, AND ON AND ON AND ON.

Well first let me back up a bit. Everyone loves Fridays right??? Well at least we do in this house. The kids jump up and run down stairs Hey mom its Friday....always with excitement. It seems like the next hour is a mad house of all those questions and making sure everything gets done, snacks get packed, and one last run through of spelling words before their Friday Spelling test. When they were out the door I always have those thoughts of oh I hope Sunshine spells intuition right and oh I hope Dreamer put his lunch money in his pocket.
So the day goes by faster than my little Tornado.



I wanted to do something really fun for my older ones. So I was looking around in the pantry going through snacks. I couldn't find anything fun and different. Normally most moms would go for the healthy route but that day I wanted it to be fun. So I took 2 coffee filters and filled them with mini choc chip morsels you know the kind you bake with.




When the kids got home from school their faces were lite up. Their mouths dropped. They were jumping up and down. OH MOM THANKS,,,,THIS IS THE BEST,,,,WHERE DID YOU GET THESE,,,,,ARE THESE COFFEE FILTERS,,,,,THIS IS SO COOL. So mission accomplished. 2 coffee filters plus 1 bag of mini choc chip morsels plus 2 spoons =priceless.




I live for little moments like that. I love being the cool S.A.H.M. and being there number one cheerleader. You know I'm going to blink tomorrow they will be all grown and J.D. and I will be old and grey on the porch drinking coffee talking about that one Friday when I made snack surprises and how they loved it. I try to live in the moment. Sometimes tha'ts hard because moms are always thinking of the next step, that next thing that needs to be done. I know I do.

The I hopes..... I hope you can make someone smile today in the smallest way. And when you do I hope it can last a lifetime.

1 comment: