Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pleasure's Post

Hey ya'll seriously my blood pressure is going up as I'm typing. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. When Yaya told me she was going to Wyoming I was excited for her and He-man Papa but OMG WHAT ABOUT THE BLOG I THOUGHT. I love getting up and having that first cup of coffee and reading Yaya's Delight. So I thought it would be kind of fun to do the blog while she is busy loving on Cautious, Sparky and that little Muffin. Ok see I already changed a diaper in the middle of typing and you all didn't even know it. MAN I'M FAST. Seriously, never had a my space, and don't do the whole face book thing so I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a tinch bit. Hope you enjoy and bare with me. So here we go........Five Senses


The five senses are around us everyday. We use them day in and day out. Have you ever stopped at the sight of something that grabs you by the heart. Or smelled something and you loved it so much you closed your eyes while you were smelling it.

I wanted to share with all of you the five senses that grab at my heart.

SIGHT....The sight of my husband holding our little Boo and singing to her.....something about that that really gets ya. The sight of a house when you are driving by and the driveway is full of cars and its Thanksgiving Day.......love it. The sight of a good picture because it captured a moment. The sight of a light bulb moment. The sight of an older couple walking together hand and hand. The sight of a yard sale sign. Just kidding....The sight of a person at the check out counter buying flowers for someone. The sight of the sun coming up....seriously set your clock one morning and look at it....I bet it grabs your heart a bit.

Smell...The smell of baby lotion...what is it about baby lotion??? It smells so good. The smell of a cool morning. Sunshine says oh mom it smells like October. The smell of your Memaw's cooking it will bring you to your knees. The smell of fresh brownies....maybe I like it because I know its going to bring some smiles to the table. The smell of the ocean. The smell of my children after Yaya has held them....you can smell her. The smell of clean clothes when they come out of the dryer.


Sound...The sound of music..The sound of a compliment..maybe because compliments are always nice to hear. The sound of the garage door opening and my J.D is home. The sound of a Tornado sucking on his pacifier. The sound of our dog Coppers dog tag...when the kids get home. The sound of a laugh...a real good laugh. The sound of my family being together. The sound of Christmas music. The sound of little feet. The sound of Hey mom.

Touch...The touch of a warm hug. The touch of fleece. The touch of soft curls. The touch of fat cheeks....not butt cheeks...on the face. The touch of a good book in your hands. The touch of a hand holding yours. The touch of a warm cup of coffee. The touch of a new pair of socks on your feet....that’s a good one.

Last but not least taste.....The taste of your own birthday cake. The taste of Barefoot Riesling Wine. The taste of kisses...from your children. The taste of cheesecake late at night when the kids are in bed. The taste of a good steak. The taste of grapes....they are really yummy cold almost frozen. The taste of any breakfast on an exciting day full of adventure. The taste of Dreamers Mac and Cheese....he loves to cook. The taste of happiness...its good, so amazingly good.

Ok so now I do the best part of the blog the I HOPE'S

I hope that you hear the sound of something today that takes your breath away. I hope that you taste something that will bring you to your knees. I hope that when you smell something you close your eyes when you go in for that second smell. I hope that the sight that you see is so amazing you take a picture of it with your mind. And I hope that your heart gets touched by it all. Have the best day.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post... So fun to hear you and your amazing perspective!!!-Cindy

    ReplyDelete