Sunday, January 29, 2012

We Are Becoming Better Aquainted

Nearly three months have passed since I got my Digital Single Lens (DSL) camera.  It has been a challenging relationship - I wanting to control the focus - my camera being overly sensitive to my every suggestion.  I found myself reverting to old passive aggressive patterns of angry sighs and silent treatments while giving in to shooting in automatic mode.

And to add fuel to my disappointment, I lost over 3,000 pictures from my external drive  (I know, I know, I should have used an on-line back up center).  I spent a good deal of time practicing gratitude last week as I indulged in a five day pity party.

However I can feel myself settling down, surrendering to what is and forgiving myself for disrespecting Lola (that's the name I have given my camera).

Ahh, things are improving.  Lola gently hung about my neck while at JD's and Tara's the other day and we happily worked together.  I forgot about getting it right and simply tried to capture the precious moments in time spent with Tornado and Boo.

I've had fun fiddling around with an editing program too.  I am finding it much easier to manage this computer program than understanding the light coming into my camera (and it's all about light - well mostly, anyway).



I walked around the house yesterday and took a variety of shots using my manual mode.  I played with angles, light, ISO (camera's sensitivity to the light) and the aperture settings until I felt more comfortable speaking Lola's language. 

I saw improvement from many of my first attempts three months ago, which I can't show you because my external drive crashed, but I am over it.... really I am.  I am not brooding about the years of documentation I have lost or what I don't have or how unfair it is that I spent money to buy the better unit and took time to export all my photos (nearly 4,000, or did I already mention that) from flash drives to what was supposed to be a safer external drive.  Really, I'm over it.

...and if you believe that, I've got some great land for sale in the water district of Florida.

Seriously, Lola and I had a great time together yesterday.








59. I am grateful for relationships that build over time.

I hope your Monday offers you a reason to rejoice.  I hope you receive a better understanding of something or someone you have been struggling with.  I hope you can let the past go and capture the precious moments of today.
Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment