Thursday, February 9, 2012

Playful Practice

I was asked to be the photographer at the conference I attended over the weekend.  On Monday when I plugged my SD card into my computer I had over 300 photos to view and edit.  Whew!  Surprised me because I really only used my camera on one of the three days.  

One of the many photo tips given to me when I first became interested in photography was, "Take lots and lots of pictures, because out of the one hundred shots you click there will probably be only twenty-five that will meet your standards."  That tip certainly proved itself true for me last weekend.  

I have spent the last three days filing through photos, adjusting, deleting, grouping and choosing those that I think should be given to the conference committee and dumping those that didn't make the grade.  It was a much bigger job than I ever expected.  

I am sharing some of my conference photos with you today.  Please don't judge me too harshly.  The shots were taken in indoor canned lighting which does little to enhance photo subjects.  And I am not experienced enough yet to adjust the manual settings on my camera at every new shot. 








65.  I am grateful for opportunities to practice.

I hope this Thursday offers you an opportunity to practice something you have been wanting to do better.  I hope you find time to play too.  I hope you enjoy both.
 Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment