Friday, February 10, 2012

What A Blessing

Years ago I was married to Sunshine and Dreamers dad......Big B.  Our children spend time at their fathers house and time at JD's and my house.  We have all gotten used to the drill and the kids love to be able to spend special time with their father. It's great. 

As soon as the kids burst through the front door after a visit with dad they roll in there little suitcases and immediately tell us about their weekend. This past summer when the kids would come home from Big B's I noticed a little change in them. They were both full of stories, excitement and happiness. 

"Jennifer this and Jennifer that," was all I would hear. The whole time they were bouncing up and down I was praying inside. Praying that she was as awesome as they were telling us she was - praying that she would be easy to communicate with - praying that she would love my children as much as I do - praying that she would be there for them the way that Joe, Big B and I are.  I prayed that she would join our team of parenting and that we could all love the kids and watch them grow. THESE WERE MY PRAYERS, HOPES, DREAMS AND WISHES!!! 

Well, let me tell you, every prayer was answered. Words can't describe how awesome Jennifer is. She has three children of her own and they are beautiful. And now she has my two. I feel that she is more than just a part of our team......I feel that she truly loves Sunshine and Dreamer.  For that I am very grateful. 

Joe and I recently went on a trip to Las Vegas and missed Sunshine and Dreamer's first basketball game. Normally I would have been upset about missing it, but Jennifer videoed both games that JD and I watched when we returned home.  We got to watch them make there first baskets because someone who cared about them as much as I do was there to capture it on film.  

I realize what a blessing Jennifer is to our lives. We are all a family connected through Sunshine and Dreamer and its only getting better and better.  My children are fortunate to have two sets of loving parents.

If you are a blended family with children that go back and forth between homes, maybe they will come home one day bouncing with joy like mine did.  Maybe the new person in there life will not only be a blessing to them but to you as well. 

Have the best day!!!! 
 Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment