Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My nephews....

I had my nephews over to spend the night.  I love having them in our home.  They are both great boys and its been neat watching them grow over the years. 

Its funny how when you add boys to the mix pillows begin to fly, kicking and hitting becomes the main language and echos of "I'M THIRSTY, " fill the air.  Our mini blinds were swinging back and forth from the minute they entered the house until they left.  I love them though. 

When I first met Clone he was not even 2 yet.  He was everywhere just like Tornado.  I used to change his diapers and give him sippy cups.  
Well, I made a mistake during this play date.  I gave the bigger boys regular size cups during lunch and gave Clone a smaller cup.  He has always been Cindy's baby to me, therefore, in a way I think of him as the littlest, but he really isn't.

When I handed out the lunch cups, Clone looked at me with quivering lips and said, "BUT AUNT TARA, I WANT A BIG CUP TOO."  I realized that I was treating him like he was still the baby.  Immediately I gave him the biggest cup I had, which he then proclaimed, "No, Aunt Tara, not that big.  I'm just a kid."

I laughed.....

I took the whole gang to the Aquarium.  I don't know what I was thinking?  Maybe I wasn't.


I was aiming for fun but instead we spent most of our time maneuvering our way through the huge crowd.  We did manage to get a cool picture outside on the bull sharks, though. 

Clone had to climb all the way up on top.  He scares me half to death.

When we got home we created our own special maps and the trio of explorers went on a scavenger hunt. 

Hope your day is full of noise and adventure.  Hope that you drink out of the cup that you really want.  And when you want something, I hope you go for it and climb all the way to the top. 

HAVE A BLESSED DAY 
Tara

1 comment:

  1. You are an AWESOME aunt!!!
    The boys absolutely LOVE being at your house :)

    ReplyDelete