Saturday, March 26, 2011

A glimpse at my messy parts

I'm so new to this game and don't really know where to start.  So here is a small piece of me today.  What I look like (or at least part of me looks like) after working in the front garden.  It is March 26 and most of the neighborhood has their yards ready for the flow of Spring and the blast of Summer.  But as usual, I am a bit behind the rest.  Just too many good things to do and so none of them get done on time.  Which makes me think.  Whose time is it anyway?  Oh yea, it's mine.  I have followed the crowd for so long now that I keep forgetting I can follow my heart instead.  It's hard to not fall back into old patterns --- been practicing them for fifty some years now.  But the kids are grown, college is paid for, no bills, retired husband and loads of time to do what I want.  My problem is I want to do EVERYTHING  --- love to sew, garden, redo furniture, decorate, clean house, read, write, sing, plan parties, decorate, play with children, surf the net, scrapbook, paint walls, recover furniture, cook when I have the time, decorate, take pictures and turn them into art or wrapping paper or whatever else my crazy brain dictates.  Oh well... I guess I've rambled enough.  I've got a nursery to design for grand child number ten.  Better get at it.  Hopefully I will figure this blog thing out and be able to add pictures and make it a much more pleasing place to visit.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Peg, I tried once and failed. Hope this works. Love, Mum. Love your blog. See you soon. Love, Mum again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy!
    I'm so proud of you for doing this for yourself, you deserve it! Reading your first blog reminded me of two of my favorite quotes so I've got to share them with you real quick. Erma Bombeck once said "when I stand in front of God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and then I could say, 'I've used everything you gave me'." And I'm sure everyone knows this next one, Henry David Thoreau believed "the price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it!" I love these quotes, I think they're so powerful and yet so simple. You rock YaYa!!!
    *Best wishes, Skye

    ReplyDelete