Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

OOPS!  I began this post yesterday with full intention of sending it off after attending Easter service with my daughter and family, but lost the day in an attempt to organize over 3000 photos taking up space on my hard drive.  Whew!  They are now safely down loaded onto their own designated flash drives.

Even though the calendar stated it was EASTER DAY, the weather shouted, "soggy dog."  It rained the entire day, nixing any and all outdoor egg hunting.  In fact this Spring has not acted her normal lovely self.  She has been colder than normal, rainy, cloudy and windynormas.  Maybe she is experiencing some hormonal disturbances before the beautiful birth of lush green lawns and abundantly adorned flower beds? (that reference is for Tara)

Holy rowboat!  It is raining some more.  Pounding down like I suspect it might in the rain forest.  Good thing I crept out of doors early this morning to snap this shot of the river that is growing between our yard and the golf course.




The ground is so saturated that our neighbor's lawn can not hold all the water the heavens keep giving.  Puddles pool on patios, highways, decks and roadside ditches.

My thoughts go to those driving, those living with holes in their windows and roofs and those without a roof at all. 

Even the ants are seeking shelter inside.  Only thing is they are seeking it in our kitchen.  Oh my, I go into crazy mode when the ants come indoors.  I really, really don't want to snuff them out.  After all our house was built on top of theirs.  So we actually invaded their territory first.  But........ I can't accept the little darlings moving about in the butter, honey, spices and most especially my coffee cup!  What do I do?  To snuff or not to snuff?  That is my anxiety inducing question.

Oh well, I'll let them be for now and get back to the original intention of my post for today.




I took a pile of this,

 
 
 
 
        sculpted it with these,

and made this















 




But this is who gave it life! 

 








Add a hand braided bracelet, hot pink painted nails,


  






a sparkly sandal with painted toes


















and Hope's ready for the Easter parade













In an outfit like this a girl might even be able to overcome the silliness of her brothers and....










 
JOIN IN THE FUN!

.
















1 comment:

  1. The dress is so cute...not to mention one beautiful model in it. You have a blog! So fun! Thanks for the sweet comment on mine.

    ReplyDelete