Friday, September 30, 2011

Off To The Mountains

He-man and I are going to Wyoming to see our three little chickadees... oh and their mom and dad too.  We will be gone ten days.  I am going to try to post while we are away....... ..... ..... but sometimes I get distracted by fashion shows, art displays, card games, ballerinas shoes and cowboy boots.

Pleasure is willing to help me out with a few guest posts.  One of the several things I enjoy about Pleasure is her lack of pretense.  What you see is what you get.  She is pure sweet,  pure adorable and pure country.  It will be fun.

Before I go I want to leave you with a selection from Mark Neop's book, The Book of Awakening.  As I was reading this a couple of days back, I realized that I really needed to listen to it's message.  I am timid about putting myself out there (where ever there may be).  I feel insecure and incapable of sharing what I really want to share with the world.  Silly, I know.  But we all do it from time to time.  We all doubt that we are enough.  Mr. Nepo is reminding us that we are.....


Consider or Enter
If you try to comprehend air
before breathing it, 
you will die.

We can only consider things so long.  After a while, all the information--all the options and opinions-- will begin to weigh us down.  After our deeper eyes have seen the situation, all the well-meaning voices telling us what we should or should not do will start to feel like strings we can't cut through.

This was poor Hamlet's fate.  He over thought his life away.  He over-considered which way to go until he felt stalled and oppressed by just being in the world.  It is natural enough to be cautious and thoughtful, especially when faced with important decisions, but often the only way to know what awaits us is to live it.


Center yourself holding a glass of water and an empty cup

Consider the choice that awaits you while pouring the water from the glass to the cup 

When you tire of pouring, breathe deeply and drink the water

Now enter your life.

I hope that whatever you have been thinking of doing you do.  I hope you step out today and live exactly how you desire.  I hope you might trust that you are enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment