Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Apprentice's Helper?

I picked Clone up from school on the afternoon of the big smoke out (which is improving, but still very stinky) from his preschool.  SSB Kids incorporates gymnastics into its academic program, which is a perfect fit for Clone.


As soon as he saw me he scrambled to gather his belongings and tuck them away in his back pack.

Clone always likes to go with Yaya, because when he sees me the possibility of seeing his PaPa doubles.  He loves to do what He-man does - cut wood, pound nails, paint boards, spit on the ground and make things that others enjoy.

He jumped in the car and immediately asked about He-man.  I told him we were going to the house where He-man was working and Clone lit up.
When I told him that he would be working with He-man, Clone took off his shoes rearranged his socks and said, "Let's go.  I've got work to do!"

I stepped on the gas and soon we were standing in the patio room He-man had refurbished for its owners.  In no time flat, he and Clone were discussing what to do first. 
When I left, the two of them were lost in their element and Clone was exactly where he wanted to be - apprenticing beside his hero.


20. I am grateful for the many who have been my teachers.

I hope your day makes you lite up.  I hope someone teaches you something you hold dear.  I hope those you look up see you as gift and treasure, just as you were created to be.

Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment