Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wordy Wednesday

I know, I know, I said that each Wednesday we would offer three quotes or passages for you to choose from to apply to your day.

But..... I am going to change it today.  You know me.  The gal who likes to change everything.  Sometimes I think that I should have entitled this blog "The Change Artist,"  sigh.

Today I am offering up one quote only.  

Some of you may remember when I posted about Sparky (number 4 grand child) being upset because she didn't get to go inside Aunt Cindy's house.  I had six of the ten grand kids in my car when Sparky was emotionally relaying her disappointment.  I asked them, What do you do when you don't get what you want?" 

No one answered.  So I asked Bluebird (number 1 grand child ) directly.  She responded without hesitation, "You be grateful for what you have."


Today I want you to apply Bluebird's quote to your day.  If you reach in the fridge to find the milk has soured and you so wanted that cereal you already poured into a bowl.....think about how fortunate you are to have crisp red grapes to eat.

If you are running late for work and get stuck at the traffic thick stop light..... think about the tune playing on the radio and the comfort of your car.

If you want to go Christmas shopping but the cable guy tells you that he will be at your house to fix the problem between 9:00 am and 5:00 p.m. ... think about that book you have been wanting to read or the manicure you've been wanting to give yourself.

Contentment is only one thought away.   Gratitude has the power to turn everything you want into everything you have.

24.  I am thankful for you.

I hope your day is so filled with thanksgivings that you can't possibly hold them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment