Monday, January 23, 2012

A Plate Full Of Flowers

I know we are experiencing an an exceptionally mild winter, but a bouquet of fresh grown flowers this time of year is unheard of.  

Maybe the sweet song of a Bluebird and the warm rays of Sunshine made it happen.  Maybe it was the desire to give something to another.  Maybe it was the joy of a celebration.  More than likely it was all three.  All I know is that I was the recipient and those flowers made me happy.
We celebrated my birthday at Cindy's and her Man's last week.  It's always nice to feel the special in the celebration my family does at birthdays.  But what I like most is to witness the excitement of my grand children as they give me my birthday presents.  They seem happier to be giving me something than they are when opening their own birthday gifts.

Bluebird made me sugar cookies in the shape of large flowers, decorating every petal, attending to every detail - even the stripe on the back of the honey bee that rested on the blossoms.
Sunshine could hardly wait for me to open her gift to unveil the personalized apron within.
Love that they like my cooking enough to put it in writing!!

Everyone was waiting for me to sink my face into my birthday cake, like I did last year.  But it wouldn't be as shocking as it was the first time around  --- and I wasn't too keen on the possibility of scooping cherry syrup out of my fifty-nine-year-old eye sockets.
As I climbed in bed that night, I was thinking of the extra sit-ups I would have to trade off for that piece of chocolate cake I ate. (hum, maybe I should have put my face in it?)

As I tucked my tired body under the covers and began to offer thanks for the day, I saw flowers in January ---- Sunshine and Bluebirds ---- dreams and storms ---- puppies panting and shadows hovering. 
56. I am grateful for children who warm the Winter.

I hope your Monday brings you something sweet.  I hope something is written on your heart.  I hope you go to bed tonight feeling full, satisfied and happy with all the gifts that this day has given specifically for you.
Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment