Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kid's Day by Pleasure




Shortly after Boo was born we celebrated Fathers Day. 





The kids were piled up in our bed sharing home made cards they made for J.D. While they were talking about Fathers Day my 9 year old said to J.D. I SURE DO WISH WE HAD A KIDS DAY. Sunshine immediately joined in and said, “Oh that would be awesome”. So J.D.tells the kids pick any day of the year and we will celebrate KIDS DAY.

Mothers have mothers day. Fathers have fathers day. Grandparents have grandparents day. So why not celebrate kids, right???? 

They picked Oct 13th. 


That day was jam packed with going to the park with Tornado, Dreamer's hair cut appointment, parent teacher conferences, and allergy shots.

We don't go out to eat very often,  Our little Tornado does not like to sit very long.  Just the thought of going out to eat to them was awesome. So the place they picked was Gengis Grill. Its a Mongolian BBQ Grill. They were so excited. We were out on the town and celebrating them.

I looked back in the van on our way and they had huge smiles on there faces. And tons of questions about there parent teacher conferences. What did my teacher say mom?? Am I doing good in class mom? Am I in trouble mom? I always get those questions after a conference.

J.D and I had planned to take them to Bounce U after we ate dinner. But what we didn't know was that Bounce U only schedules parties during the week. Bummer!!! So we were trying to figure out where we could take them on a school night and it be loads of fun. I called the bowling alley and they had league night so all the lanes were closed. Dreamer was almost in tears. Then Sunshine yells out I know mom lets go to the Bass Pro Shop.

J.D. and I looked at each other. My first thought was why would they want to go to the Bass Pro Shop. There's a bunch of hunting gear, and fishing tackle. They said to us come on its cool there.

So we get out our double stroller which by the way I never thought I would own one of those and in the bass pro shop we went. I guess I never realized how cool this place really is. It screams manly stuff to me. Outdoors, camo, fake ducks and fake deer horns everywhere. 

But to my kids it screamed waterfalls, fishies in tanks, big cool stuffed bear, cool shooting rifle games, and a glass elevator.


They loved it. It was fun. I set out that night thinking we would be skating or bouncing in inflatables. But we ended up at the bass pro shop. Cool huh?? Not bad for our first year of celebrating KIDS DAY. We will probably do the same thing next year and every year after that. I hope you celebrate something thats not on the calendar and that you go somewhere totally unexpected to celebrate it. Have the best Day.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...You all are a super fun fam!!- Cindy

    ReplyDelete