Thursday, October 13, 2011

Things... They Are A Changin'

You may have noticed that look and name for this blog has changed.  Pleasure has joined the blogging team and will be posting from time to time.  Since we work together on our newly formed remake, redo, redesign business we thought it would be a good idea to combine efforts on the blog as well.  A team is much more effective than one single player... so to all you faithful readers... get ready for some BLOG BALL!!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ahh, it's good to be back in green country, admiring the chrysanthemums and roses freshly a bloom in our garden.  Leaving three adorable chickadees flying about the Laramie plains is my sorrow, but returning to our own little abode is a welcome comfort.

One of the advantages of traveling by car from Oklahoma to Wyoming is that I get to see the changing landscape from 700 feet above sea level to 6000 feet above sea level.   

 

The sky moves out from under a treed awning in Oklahoma







to an open display of billowy clouds shadowing Colorado hay fields





to rows of long wispy masses concealing snow-covered Wyoming peaks.





I travel with my camera in my lap, ready to snap the next scene that presents itself before me, from a mirrored lake on the Snowy Range


 









to the sunrise burning away the groggy Denver fog.   







I can’t possibly take as many pictures, as the 900-mile road trip allows.  But he-man probably thinks I do with the amount of clicking that constantly echos in his ears.

I mean, really, I could not possibly get all the hundreds of windmills in my lens that spin along Interstate 70 in Kansas in a single shot. 

 




Essentials of the journey are my camera, magazines, books, computer, and an external drive to house all my pictures. 




 


Middle One gave me a book for the road. 

 
The author of this book discovered a deep, abiding happiness by intentionally noticing things in her life for which she was grateful.  Her aim was not only to notice these things but to write them down on paper.  She began with the goal of listing and numbering 1,000 moments, sounds, scenes, people, smells, and events that she was grateful for in her everyday, ordinary farm-wife, mother of six home-schooled children life.

I have been aware of the power of gratitude for a very long time now and have even listed on paper the many things in my life that I consider blessing.  But I have not recorded daily the many of many of millions of things that lay open before me as pure and generous gift.   One thousand gifts, by Ann VosKamp has inspired me to take up this practice.

1. Right now I am grateful for the electricity that brewed my coffee, warmed the water to wash the towel that dried my face, allowed me to send this blog to you and lighted a path so I would not stumble through my house in the early morning dawn.

I hope your day takes you home to a place of comfort and rest.   I hope someone gives you a gift that inspires.  I hope  this day you are caught by something for which the only response you can muster is, "Thanks."

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing from both of you ladies.
    I enjoyed that book too.
    Hugs and kisses to all,
    Gamma Deb

    ReplyDelete